Headlines and Front Page News
Headlines from the latest breaking news and information on the top stories, weather, business, entertainment, politics, and more. For in-depth coverage, TheRayfield.com provides special reports, video, audio, photo galleries, and interactive guides.
- UK government coronavirus lending rises to 45 billion pounds by mayor on July 7, 2020 at 9:01 AM
LONDON (Reuters) – Britain’s government has underwritten 45 billion pounds ($56 billion) of borrowing by businesses hit by the coronavirus and spent more than 27 billion pounds so far to support jobs,
- Toll rises from rain storms in China as student bus plunges into reservoir by mayor on July 7, 2020 at 9:00 AM
SHANGHAI (Reuters) – A bus carrying high school students plunged into a reservoir on in southwest China on Tuesday, as days of torrential rain triggered flood warnings across large parts of the
- UK COVID-19 death toll passes 55,000 including suspected cases: Reuters tally by mayor on July 7, 2020 at 9:00 AM
LONDON (Reuters) – The United Kingdom’s suspected COVID-19 death toll has hit 55,398, according to a Reuters tally of official data sources that underline the country’s status as one of the worst hit
- UK house prices fall for longest period since 2010, Halifax says by mayor on July 7, 2020 at 8:47 AM
By David Milliken LONDON (Reuters) – British house prices fell for a fourth month in a row in June as COVID-19 restrictions continued to depress the market, the longest run of monthly declines since
- Companies seen slashing capex 12% this year, deeper than in 2009: data by mayor on July 7, 2020 at 8:47 AM
By Patturaja Murugaboopathy BENGALURU (Reuters) – Big and mid-cap firms globally are expected to slash capital spending by an average 12% this year as they reel from the fallout of lockdowns and other
- Euro zone set for deeper recession, less steep rebound: Commission by mayor on July 7, 2020 at 8:47 AM
By Philip Blenkinsop BRUSSELS (Reuters) – The euro zone economy will drop deeper into recession this year and rebound less steeply in 2021 than previously thought, the European Commission forecast on
- Bayer shares tumble after judge questions part of Roundup settlement by mayor on July 7, 2020 at 8:46 AM
FRANKFURT (Reuters) – Bayer shares dropped 6% on Tuesday after a U.S. judge questioned the German company’s proposed settlement to deal with future claims relating to allegations that its
- China shares rally, Asian stocks take a breather by mayor on July 7, 2020 at 7:15 AM
By Hideyuki Sano and Scott Murdoch TOKYO/HONG KONG (Reuters) – The Chinese share market extended its positive run on Tuesday, in line with the mainland government’s push for a stronger market, while
- North Korea says it won’t sit down with U.S. as envoy due in South Korea by mayor on July 7, 2020 at 6:15 AM
By Hyonhee Shin SEOUL (Reuters) – North Korea has no intention to sit down with the United States and urged South Korea to “stop meddling,” a senior diplomat said on Tuesday, just as a U.S. envoy was
- Hong Kong Tiananmen museum turns to digitalisation after new law by mayor on July 7, 2020 at 4:30 AM
HONG KONG (Reuters) – A Hong Kong museum chronicling the crackdown by Chinese troops on pro-democracy protesters in Tiananmen Square is raising funds to digitalise its collection as concerns over a
FOX News FOXNews.com – Breaking news and video. Latest Current News: U.S., World, Entertainment, Health, Business, Technology, Politics, Sports.
- Berkeley students planning fraudulent course to circumvent ICE rules, avoid deportations by Gregg Re on July 8, 2020 at 4:29 AM
Hundreds of students at the University of California — Berkeley are privately discussing a plan to create a “dummy” course solely to help international students on F-1 student visas avoid deportation under new U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) regulations — and they say at least one faculty member is on board, Fox News has learned.
- Laura Ingraham knocks teachers unions for ‘ludicrous,’ ‘reckless’ demands for reopening schools by Charles Creitz on July 8, 2020 at 4:21 AM
Laura Ingraham claimed in her “Ingraham Angle” monologue Tuesday that Democratic governors, local officials and school authorities are more focused on their own political goals than the interests of students and their parents.
- Mary Kay Letourneau, who made headlines over affair with student, dead at 58 by Edmund DeMarche on July 8, 2020 at 4:18 AM
Her lawyer claimed she suffered from a type of bipolar depression at the time
- Rose McGowan urges Trump to donate to Tara Reade fundraiser ‘in Biden’s name’ by Joseph Wulfsohn on July 8, 2020 at 4:04 AM
Rose McGowan urged President Trump to make a donation to a fundraiser dedicated to Tara Reade on behalf of his 2020 rival Joe Biden.
- Ilhan Omar has paid $878G to new husband’s consulting firm, data show: report by Dom Calicchio on July 8, 2020 at 4:03 AM
Campaign data show Rep. Ilhan Omar has paid her new husband’s consulting firm more than $878,000 since 2018 – including $189,000 just weeks after their wedding, a report says
- Hannity warns NYPD officers to retire or find new work, because NYC ‘is … giving you the middle finger’ by Victor Garcia on July 8, 2020 at 3:54 AM
Sean Hannity blasted New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio and New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo Tuesday, blaming their liberal policies for America’s largest city descending into “chaos.”
- Thandie Newton says she passed on ‘Charlie’s Angels’ role after troubling chat with executive Amy Pascal by Nate Day on July 8, 2020 at 3:53 AM
Thandie Newton had revealed what made her pass on starring in “Charlie’s Angels.”
- DeSantis says Florida seeing more COVID-19 spread among younger people: ‘We are prepared for this’ by Yael Halon on July 8, 2020 at 3:39 AM
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, told “Hannity” Tuesday that the coronavirus fatality rate in his state has remained low despite a surge in the number of confirmed cases because the virus is spreading among younger people who are less at risk of dying.
- Sessions slams Alabama Senate runoff opponent Tuberville as ’empty suit’ in last-ditch appeal to voters by Victor Garcia on July 8, 2020 at 3:03 AM
Former Attorney General Jeff Sessions made his final case to Alabama Republican voters on “Tucker Carlson Tonight” Tuesday, blasting his Senate runoff opponent Tommy Tuberville as an “empty suit.”
- Chief Justice Roberts injured head in fall last month, was hospitalized: report by Dom Calicchio on July 8, 2020 at 2:42 AM
U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts spent a night in a hospital last month after injuring his forehead in a fall at a Maryland country club, according to a report.
- Shia LaBeouf Accused Of ‘Brownface’ In Latest Movie Role. Director Responds. by Paul Bois on July 6, 2020 at 9:41 PM
The Twitter mob has targetted actor Shia LaBeouf for playing a gangster in the upcoming David Ayer-directed crime drama “The Tax Collector,” alleging he will be performing in “brownface.” Just one problem: the character LaBeouf will be playing is a whiteboy, not a Latino. According to Fox News, LaBeouf will be making an interesting career
- NBA Releases List Of Approved ‘Social Justice’ Phrases For Players’ Jerseys by Amanda Prestigiacomo on July 6, 2020 at 9:12 PM
Instead of NBA players’ last names, athletes will be able to have displayed a “social justice” word and phrase, selected from an approved list. The approved list, released over the weekend, includes “Anti-Racist,” “Ally,” “Say Her Name,” “I Can’t Breathe,” “Enough,” “Black Lives Matter,” and “How Many More” (see full list below). “The messages will
- BREAKING: Georgia Governor Brian Kemp To Deploy 1,000 National Guard Troops To Atlanta After Democrat Mayor Keisha Bottoms Fails To Stop Violence by Ryan Saavedra on July 6, 2020 at 8:59 PM
Georgia Republican Governor Brian Kemp on Monday authorized up to 1,000 National Guard troops to be deployed to Atlanta after the city’s mayor, Democrat Keisha Lance Bottoms, failed to stop the escalating violence in her city. “Peaceful protests were hijacked by criminals with a dangerous, destructive agenda. Now, innocent Georgians are being targeted, shot, and
- WATCH: McEnany Rips Press For Ignoring Murders: ‘I Didn’t Receive One Question On The Deaths That We Got In This Country This Weekend’ by Hank Berrien on July 6, 2020 at 8:32 PM
At Monday’s White House Press briefing, White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany, disgusted with the flurry of questions from reporters that ignored violence around the country and instead focused on the Confederate flag, finally had had enough. Concluding the briefing, she said levelly: Finally, I’d end with this: I was asked probably twelve questions about
- REPORT: Coronavirus Tracking Apps A ‘Honeypot’ For Hackers by Emily Zanotti on July 6, 2020 at 8:03 PM
Cellphone applications created so that users can self-report symptoms of COVID-19 — or even track nearby outbreaks using official data from the Johns Hopkins team researching the coronavirus pandemic — may be putting Americans at risk of being hacked according to a new report from Politico. Coronavirus tracking apps released back in the early days
- VIRAL VIDEO: Atlanta Man Scolds BLM After 8-Year-Old Killed: ‘If This Were A White Police Officer…’ by Paul Bois on July 6, 2020 at 7:42 PM
In a video that quickly went viral, an Atlanta man scolded the Black Lives Matter movement and its media supporters for not having nearly the same amount of outrage over the death of an 8-year-old girl at the hands of protesters this past weekend as they would have if a white police officer had killed
- At Least Six Children Killed Amid Wave Of Violence Over Holiday Weekend by Tim Pearce on July 6, 2020 at 7:37 PM
At least half a dozen children were shot and killed over the holiday weekend as high levels of violence ravaged some of the United States’ largest cities. The children’s ages ranged from 6 to 14 as they fell victim to violence in cities from Washington, DC to San Francisco, according to the list compiled by
- WATCH: Matthew McConaughey: ‘Wear The Damn Mask,’ ‘Let’s Quit Messing About’ by Paul Bois on July 6, 2020 at 7:32 PM
Academy Award-winning actor Matthew McConaughey has said, in no uncertain terms, that people need to “wear the damn mask” until the COVID-19 pandemic has officially been defeated. In an Instagram video post for July 4th, the “Interstellar” actor wished America a “Happy Birthday” while encouraging people to continue wearing masks. “Happy 244th birthday, America,” said
- University Of Memphis Football First Division I Team To Announce Wearing ‘BLM’ On Helmets by Hank Berrien on July 6, 2020 at 7:29 PM
The head coach of the University of Memphis football team, Ryan Silverfield, announced that his team will wear “BLM” stickers on their helmets this season, apparently making them the first Division I football team to do so. Silverfield tweeted, “This season, for every game, our student-athletes’ helmets will have a BLM sticker. #ALLINagainstRACIALINJUSTICE.” He told
- College Democrats Oust Latino President Amid Charges Of Institutional Racism by Hank Berrien on July 6, 2020 at 6:50 PM
Last week, the young Latino woman who was the president of the College Democrats of America, which has 500 chapters and 47 state federations, resigned after a series of events in which the board’s only black member claimed the organization’s leadership was racist and he resigned, federations associated with the organization demanded the young woman’s
- ‘Cancel Hamilton’ Trends As Leftists Demand Disney Pull Musical That ‘Glorifies Slave Trader’ by Emily Zanotti on July 6, 2020 at 6:40 PM
“Hamilton” is under fire from left-leaning activists who say the Tony award-winning musical is a relic from a less-woke era that glorifies a slave-trader and other founding fathers who have recently fallen out of favor. The musical is now a feature film, released last week on the Disney+ streaming network to record-breaking viewership and rave
- Unanimous Supreme Court Decision Upholds State Laws Punishing ‘Faithless Electors’ by Emily Zanotti on July 6, 2020 at 6:05 PM
States can pass laws that punish so-called “faithless electors” who refuse to cast an official ballot for the winner of that state’s popular vote, the Supreme Court said Monday, in a unanimous 9-0 decision authored by Justice Elena Kagan. Members of the Electoral College are selected on a state-by-state basis and, according to the United
The Daily Caller The Daily Caller features breaking news, opinion, research, and entertainment 24 hours a day.
- Chief Justice John Roberts Was Hospitalized Last Month After Fall by Jordan Lancaster on July 8, 2020 at 3:25 AM
He fell and sustained a forehead injury
- Tucker Carlson Says Tammy Duckworth Is ‘A Fraud’ by David Krayden on July 8, 2020 at 2:57 AM
‘How can you lead a country that you despise?’
- Betsy DeVos Looking ‘Very Seriously’ At Withholding Federal Funding From Schools That Refuse To Open by Scott Morefield on July 8, 2020 at 2:06 AM
‘Adults who are fearmongering and making excuses simply have got to stop doing it …’
- Amy Kennedy, Jeff Van Drew Win New Jersey House Primaries by Andrew Trunsky on July 8, 2020 at 1:54 AM
New Jersey’s 2nd congressional district
- EXCLUSIVE: Guillen Family Attorney Speaks Out About Vanessa’s Death by Samantha Renck on July 8, 2020 at 1:51 AM
‘Murdered her in the armory room’
Louder With Crowder
- ‘Peaceful’ Black Lives Matter Protesters Vulgarly Interrupted This Church Service by Brodigan on July 7, 2020 at 7:23 PM
After resident tyrant Andrew Cuomo made it clear you are free to protest if he agrees with the political message, but you are not allowed to do things like go to church out of fear of catching the ‘rona, it was sarcastically suggested that churches should just call their services protests. Well, Black Lives Matter protesters put that theory to the test in Troy (what), New York, when they interrupted a church service. Whether this was actually Black Lives Matter, I’ll leave that to Don Lemon.“Peaceful” protestors disrupt church service with profanity and violence while pastor gives the gospel message. Tr… https://t.co/0zXxxClcLC — Grace Baptist Church (@Grace Baptist Church)1593828045.0″This means I’m a Christian preacher, you dumb fuck.”Ah, yes. Much preacher. Very Christian.The irony here was that the size of the protest was much larger than the size of the church service. Protesters are free to move about freely without masks or social distancing. People who want to practice their faith? There are restrictions on that, though not as bad as California, where churchgoers were told they’re not allowed to sing. California protesters? They have their run of that state.Remember this when you mock someone for questioning masks and social distancing. Our leaders pushing masks and social distancing, but only on some of us, is the reason why. #BLM Debate with Phil Advise | Crowder Classics youtu.be Not subscribed to the podcast? Fix that! It’s completely free.
- Rep. Ilhan Omar Says the Quiet Part Out Loud, Wants to “Dismantle” America by Brodigan on July 7, 2020 at 7:15 PM
On July 3, Donald Trump gave a speech saying the left wants to dismantle America. Only July 4, the media accused the president of racist fearmongering when he said the left wants to dismantle America (see THE MEDIA SAYS TRUMP’S MT. RUSHMORE SPEECH WAS RACIST. HERE’S WHAT THEY THINK IS RACIST… and CNN CALLS MT. RUSHMORE RACIST, PROVING DONALD TRUMP RIGHT ABOUT THEM). Now on July 7 we have Rep. Ilhan Omar saying the quiet part out loud and admitting “we” need to dismantle all the things about America.Rep. Ilhan Omar calls for “dismantling” of the U.S. “economy and political systems,” which she calls a “system of o… https://t.co/FA0o5h2rnQ — Daily Caller (@Daily Caller)1594146003.0Nope.No.Hell no.Absolutely not.Hard pass.That’s a no from me, dawg.I’m not a fan of absolutes and pride myself on keeping an even and moderate demeanor. My default position is to not hate people who disagree with me, sit down with them, and see if we can find some common ground and work out our issues. But we’re getting to a point where there really are just two sides. One side doesn’t like this country, wants it to be an entirely different country, and wants to erase pretty much all our history that happened before right now in order to create this different country. The other side loves our country and, while acknowledging we have problems and issues that rational and intellectually honest people can work out, still loves our country.We’re getting to a point where everyone is going to need to choose which side they’re on. DEBUNKED: TOP 5 Socialism Lies! | Louder With Crowder youtu.be Not subscribed to the podcast? Fix that! It’s completely free.
- Ricky Gervais Explains Why He Enjoys Destroying Celebrities at Award Shows by Brodigan on July 7, 2020 at 5:47 PM
While Ricky Gervais is an atheist, many of us feel he is God’s gift to award shows. The people in attendance don’t think so, but those of us watching at home think he’s simply the cat’s pajamas (see RICKY GERVAIS TORCHES HOLLYWOOD’S POLITICS AT THE GOLDEN GLOBES [VIDEO] and RICKY GERVAIS LEVELS THE GOLDEN GLOBES WITH JEFFREY EPSTEIN JOKE [VIDEO]). The comedian was asked about why he enjoys take the piss out of the Hollywood elite while a guest on The Kelly Clarkson Show. His answer was simple. Because f*** ’em, that’s why! Ricky Gervais’ Thoughtful Reason For Targeting Celebs During Awards Shows youtu.be I can entertain the 200 people in the room, or the 200 million people watching at home who are all sick of these overprivileged twats giving each other reach-arounds over how awesome they are.That’s a paraphrase. Ricky does a better job speaking for himself. Also, I have the video time-coded to this part, but I’d start the video from the beginning for his thoughts on his homemade badminton court, as well as mocking people panicked to get toilet paper instead of stocking up on booze like normal people. Remember the great Toilet Paper Panic of … earlier? April seems like a generation ago.EXIT QUESTION: What things have you done around the house during the pandemic to entertain yourself? Let me know in the comments. SJWs Try to Cancel Dave Chappelle! | Louder with Crowder youtu.be Not subscribed to the podcast? Fix that! It’s completely free.
- To Show How Crappy CNN Is, Here’s a Homeless Woman Dropping a Deuce Live on Air by Brodigan on July 7, 2020 at 2:03 PM
CNN is a pretty shitty network. But normally that’s just a metaphorical way to describe its reporting (see CNN CALLS MT. RUSHMORE RACIST, PROVING DONALD TRUMP RIGHT ABOUT THEM and CNN WANTS YOU TO BELIEVE CHRIS CUOMO HAS JUST COME OUT OF QUARANTINE. THIS TIMELINE PROVES OTHERWISE…). Here’s a homeless woman actually dropping a deuce live on air. Presumably. As you watch this clip, ask yourself, is the reporter wearing a mask to virtue-signal over the ‘rona? Or did the transient behind her have a particularly rank case of the Hershey squirts?Did I really see a homeless person drop her pants at Santa Monica beach and use the “outdoor” toilet while CNN was… https://t.co/CQ0JfEBmFM — Alan Lee🏝 (@Alan Lee🏝)1594052830.0Of course, we’re making assumptions here. Just like CNN did with Nicholas Sandmann. From a distance, while the woman was in a squatting position, it’s not clear whether feces didn’t in fact evacuate from her bowels. Maybe she found a new nice pair of slacks in the garbage and wanted to try them on. She could possibly have even been doing a new form of yoga. It’s also not clear whether she was in fact homeless. It’s California, so it’s hard to be 100% confident. The woman could just be a hippie. At the end of the day, I doubt this even ranked in the top five shittiest things to happen on CNN that day. Drug PSA Parody: Reach Your Full-Potential, Fool! | Mr. QBG PSA Vol.4 | Louder With Crowder youtu.be Not subscribed to the podcast? Fix that! It’s completely free.
- This New York City Cop Hysterically Mocks the Restrictions De Blasio Put on the Police by Brodigan on July 7, 2020 at 12:52 PM
This isn’t hysterical in the way jokes are usually funny. The situation behind this video isn’t “ha ha” funny. It’s more like gallows humor where you laugh at a bad situation for the sake of your own sanity. As more people push “Defund the Police” as the fresh new Democrat rallying cry (see POLL: AMERICANS OVERWHELMINGLY OPPOSE #DEFUNDTHEPOLICE and LOCAL IDIOT TELLS CNN NOT WANTING YOUR HOME BROKEN INTO ‘COMES FROM A PLACE OF PRIVILEGE.’), this is a pretty accurate description of what their vision for policing looks like.This funny cops explains how he makes arrests now. After Mayor De Blasio wants to cut $1Billion at the police, th… https://t.co/nQHabkhTe4 — 🇺🇸 𝔼𝕄 🇩🇪 𝕂𝔸 🇺🇸™ (@EMKA17 on PARLER) (@🇺🇸 𝔼𝕄 🇩🇪 𝕂𝔸 🇺🇸™ (@EMKA17 on PARLER))1594019684.0I laugh because this officer is presenting things in a funny way, and it’s presented with a degree of sarcasm. But in talking with friends and family members who are on the job, this isn’t that far off from the restrictions de Blasio has actually put on them. Many officers honestly don’t know how they’re supposed to do their jobs, and besides worrying about whether they’re going to make it home, they also live with the worry their family’s lives can be destroyed if a politician needs to score a political point or two.Laughing is good to do. This officer and his brothers would prefer it if they were allowed to do their jobs. Crowder Demonstrates How Flint, MI Macy’s Employee Could’ve Defended Himself | Louder With Crowder youtu.be Not subscribed to the podcast? Fix that! It’s completely free.
- CNN’s Don Lemon Lectures Terry Crews: Black Lives Matter Doesn’t Mean All Black Lives Matter by Brodigan on July 7, 2020 at 12:51 PM
Terry Crews has stepped in it. Not only is he an actor who is saying things not approved by the left, he’s an African-American expressing an opinion that also isn’t approved by the left (see TERRY CREWS CONTROVERSIAL STATEMENT: WHITE PEOPLE AND BLACK PEOPLE SHOULD TALK TO EACH OTHER and TERRY CREWS REFUSES TO APOLOGIZE FOR SAYING WHITES AND BLACKS SHOULD TALK TO EACH OTHER). So he went on CNN, where he was told by Don Lemon that *checks notes* Black Lives Matter doesn’t mean that ALL black lives matter.Growing increasingly indignant, Lemon tells Crews that BLM should NOT care about black-on-black crime since it’s not in their mission, and tells his guest to start that organization himself. He also compared it to saying “cancer matters” and people asking ‘what about HIV?’ pic.twitter.com/g6xsaqKOKn— Nicholas Fondacaro (@NickFondacaro) July 7, 2020 David Patrick Underwood. David Dorn. Eight-year-old Secoriea Turner. According to Don Lemon, when you say black lives matter, you don’t mean those black lives. Because Black Lives Matter only means police brutality and criminal justice reform. It’s like the left saying that #DefundThePolice doesn’t actually mean defund the police. It only mean partially lower police budget. Or sometimes, it means completely dismantle the police. It means what it means depending on what the left needs it to mean at any given moment. Those three names were all killed as a result of Black Lives Matter riots protests. But Black Lives Matter isn’t to blame. Because they weren’t killed by approved card-carrying members of the Black Lives Matter movement. The Black Lives Matter movement isn’t to blame for any of the violence. Just the good stuff.Though speaking of the movement, Lemon was quick to end the interview when Crews started questioning Black Lives Matters’ actual political agenda.As the interview closed, Crews agreed that police brutality was important, but said the leaders of BLM had more to their agenda and they needed to be grilled on it. Crews was also concerned that he, in general, wasn’t being allowed to speak in the broader discussion as an equal. pic.twitter.com/feyMpO8VVO— Nicholas Fondacaro (@NickFondacaro) July 7, 2020 The Black Lives Matter agenda. Like, say, for example, “dismantling the patriarchal practice” and “disrupting the western-described nuclear family structure requirement.” Textbook Marxism, which the Black Lives Matter leaders all admit to being, AND which has nothing to do with police brutality and criminal justice reform.But I’m pretty sure Don Lemon knows that. #BLM Debate with Phil Advise | Crowder Classics youtu.be Not subscribed to the podcast? Fix that! It’s completely free.
- J.K. Rowling is Fed Up with the Transgender Agenda by Courtney Kirchoff on July 6, 2020 at 10:47 PM
On Sunday, while I was snuggling my dogs who had a ruff night (see what I did there?) of war-zone fireworks, J.K. Rowling was shooting off some rounds against the rabid transgender movement. Note that I’m calling them the rabid transgender movement. Years ago we went out of our way to delineate the Gaystapo from the larger LGB community. The Gaystapo were the rabid gay and lesbian activists (and their allies) actively searching for Christian-owned businesses to sue. The larger LGB community, like most of America, just wanted to be left alone. I’m going with the same here in describing the rabid transgender movement (and their allies) trying to cancel self-made moneybags, J.K. Rowling. I tend to believe a lot of transgender people are more like Blaire White and want to live their lives as a he or her, and carry on. But a few bad adams apples (and their allies) have weaponized their feelings of moral superiority to cancel anyone engaged in thought crimes. They’ve set their sights on J.K. Rowling, who isn’t playing by their rules.Here’s what happened. J.K. Rowling “liked” a tweet that compared hormone therapy to the overprescribing of anti-depressants. This sent the RTM (Rabid Transgender Movement) into apoplectic fits of cheek-reddening rage.Rowling responded with an 11 tweet thread with two post-script notes laying into some internet dweeb who had it coming.When you lie about what I believe about mental health medication and when you misrepresent the views of a trans wom… https://t.co/Bv7oRpm6ep — J.K. Rowling (@J.K. Rowling)1593952474.0No, this isn’t a walk back. Rowling has said she has nothing against transgender people. The problem she has is with the insistence we do away with gender and biological realities to make people feel better. That’s her issue. It’s a reasonable one, by the way. Read J.K. Rowling Doubles Down, Writes Powerful Essay Defending Women.Many health professionals are concerned that young people struggling with their mental health are being shunted tow… https://t.co/pY2qdFKLAQ — J.K. Rowling (@J.K. Rowling)1593952525.0Hormone therapy and surgeries are dolled like PEZ dispensers. This reference only makes sense to people of my generation or older. Sorry, but google it later.These concerns were explored by the recent BBC documentary about the Tavistock Clinic. Whistleblowers were talking… https://t.co/Rl1DXCzmw6 — J.K. Rowling (@J.K. Rowling)1593952656.0Right again. Women who feel like men are transitioning because they feel like men. Men who feel like women are transitioning because they feel like women. But on what are those feelings based? This whole RTM undercuts the entire idea of homosexuality, and essentially affirms that to be a man or a woman is to actually be the stereotype of a man and a woman. Transgender and gender theory do not, to my knowledge, allow for variations in how men and women behave as men and women. Does that make sense? There’s more than one way to be a woman and more than one way to be a man. That’s the real spectrum. Not sex itself. A woman who likes airplanes, weight-lifting, and trash talk is still a woman (ahem), and a man who enjoys badminton, wine-tasting, and scented candles is still a man. He just might not get invited to the Super Bowl party.Sophie is a trans woman and a true feminist ally. She was making the point that anti-depressants were over-prescrib… https://t.co/BRgJEY3NZU — J.K. Rowling (@J.K. Rowling)1593952762.0Maybe we can just all agree that drugs shouldn’t be handed out like Smarties candies on Halloween. Maybe teenagers shouldn’t be allowed to make life-altering decisions when they’re not even adults. Common ground? Hardly. The RTM is incredulous at any idea that maybe boys are boys and girls are girls. But I’m incredulous I’m not massively wealthy. As Mick Jagger once mused: you can’t always get what you want.Carl Henegan, professor of evidence-based medicine at Oxford University, has described the off-label use of puberty… https://t.co/TBOrAXFyd5 — J.K. Rowling (@J.K. Rowling)1593953379.0EXACTLY! We’re destroying people’s lives and using children to do so. Why? It’s now trendy to have a transgender child. Children are not transgender. Some children want to be dinosaurs when they grow up. They also drown their food with ketchup. Children are cute but they’re hardly keen decision-makers.PS I’ve just realised you can’t see Sophie’s/@Manaxium’s tweet in the screenshot above, so you can’t see how cynica… https://t.co/mzfm4am8Xx — J.K. Rowling (@J.K. Rowling)1593953914.0So emblematic of 2020: the criminal act of liking a tweet that’s perfectly reasonable. I’d say the only thing wrong is Sophie didn’t bother to include ADD drugs. Everyone had ADD since the treatment was a pill. Fewer people would’ve had ADD were the treatment electroshock therapy. In my opinion.Stay strong, Rowling. You’re right down center plate on this one. We need you to keep speaking out against this. The emperor has no clothes, and he’s got a penis. America Is Not Racist (Part Two) | Change My Mind youtu.be Need a quick laugh? Check out and subscribe to our CrowderBits YouTube channel for Louder with Crowder skits, opens, and parody videos!
- Local Gym Owners Sue Andrew Cuomo for Tyrannical Shutdown Orders by Brodigan on July 6, 2020 at 7:12 PM
Gyms in New York were supposed to be open in phase 4. “Supposed to” are the key words here. Because Gov. Chris’s Idiot Brother (see ANDREW CUOMO GOES FULL BUTTHEAD, THREATENS RETALIATION OVER IGNORING HIS COVID REGULATIONS and REPORT: OVER 4,300 COVID PATIENTS WERE SENT TO NEW YORK NURSING HOMES) decided that gyms couldn’t open in phase 4 any more. And there’s no phase 5. So as for when gyms can open up again, Cuomo isn’t telling anyone, least of all the gym owners throughout the state who have had to file a class action lawsuit.”We were waiting and waiting to see how the gyms and other industries were going to open up in Phase Four,” says Slope Fitness Co-Owner Michael Carlin. “And last week the governor, who I respect, sucker punched us.”Also upsetting to the gym owners is the fact that the state has not provided guidance about when they will be able to reopen.Co-Owner Sydney Carlin asks, “If there’s no Phase 5 and we’re no longer part of Phase 4, when is it our turn to open?”Owners of the gym say they should be considered essential businesses because they help people get or stay healthy.But their financial health is failing as they face rent and insurance bills but cannot collect dues from members.I keep going back to the day Cuomo first shut down the New York gyms, because I was working out in one at the very moment he did. Everyone was giving each other space. Everyone was wiping down the machines after themselves. The gym even brought on more cleaning personnel to scrub whatever hadn’t been scrubbed in the last hour. How this tyrant thinks working out makes you more susceptible to catching the ‘rona, as opposed shopping at Walmart or any of the other essential businesses OR business that opened in phases 1-4, I have no idea. And don’t give me this bullshit about social distancing. Weight machines are usually at least six feet away from each other than it is, which is more than I can say about the protests that Cuomo supports while telling people it’s still not safe for them to go to church.Obviously Cuomo is on a power trip. Suing him is the only option that business owners have left. Steven goes OFF on Fredo! (AKA Chris Cuomo) | Louder With Crowder youtu.be Not subscribed to the podcast? Fix that! It’s completely free.
- UFC 251’s Jorge Masvidal Exposes the TRUTH About Communism by Brodigan on July 6, 2020 at 4:47 PM
It’s proving to be an interesting week for UFC fighter Jorge Masvidal. He was in a contractual dispute with the UFC. Now with someone dropping out of the main event of UFC 251, he finds himself with a lucrative new deal and a title shot. He just needs to take about 87 COVID tests and travel to Abu Dhabi. Regardless, it’s a good time to be Street Jesus.Before all this happened, a fan asked him who he is voting for in 2020. The fighter has said nice things about Trump in the past, and while he didn’t answer the question, he did have plenty to say about communism. Who Is Jorge Masvidal Voting For In The 2020 Election? | Fan Questions youtu.be [Cubans who escaped Cuba] stands against communism. Socialism. Even democratic socialism. Anything that’s flying under that flag that’s saying “we’re going to do all these great things for you — give you free benefits here and free benefits there — but we’re going to take your freedom away,” I’m against that. … I’ve been getting speeches [from family members] over what the communist government looks like … so I’m against anything that stands against freedom.So he won’t say who he’s voting for, but one of the many -isms he opposes is “democratic socialism.” Very interesting. Almost as interesting as whenever you talk to someone who actually has experience living under communism or socialism, they oppose it with the fire of 1,000 suns. Leftists like to claim, “Well, yeah, but we’ll do socialism more better than those other countries did it.” But there’s no such thing. There is only one kind of socialism. The crappy kind. We should listen to the warnings of people who have experienced it.And Jorge’s totally voting for Trump.He’s also going to sleep Usman on Saturday and become the new welterweight champion. DEBUNKED: TOP 5 Socialism Lies! | Louder With Crowder youtu.be Not subscribed to the podcast? Fix that! It’s completely free.
- These Three Tweets Show How Little Patience John Cleese Has for Cancel Culture by Brodigan on July 6, 2020 at 2:39 PM
It’s the prerogative of the perma-offended woke twats (my new favorite phrase) to troll Twitter looking for people using the wrong words or saying the wrong things. Some people choose to be useful members of society. These people choose not that. For some reason, they chose yesterday to go after John Cleese. Yes, that John Cleese. Monty Python/Fawlty Towers/Great Muppet Caper John Cleese.What set this off I’m not sure, because the original offended person deleted his tweet. I guess the actor didn’t get that week’s update with what new words are offensive, and instead of apologizing, used it as a teachable moment about how silly it all is. Or he just doesn’t care, nor should he. As you read these, make sure you think of John Cleese reading them to you. It’s like a one-way trip to your funny bone.It’s hard for an 80 year old comic to know what will offend people next But I have no problem with jokes about Bri… https://t.co/63PdYZkF1i — John Cleese (@John Cleese)1593922430.0I’m sorry. I hadn’t read about that Is it still acceptable to use the word ‘wife’, or does that imply a degree of… https://t.co/mepMLadE5S — John Cleese (@John Cleese)1593964350.0I am told it now means ‘fat’. For at least the next two months Of course that’s a word that’s been forbidden too… https://t.co/WRvbr2M6Kd — John Cleese (@John Cleese)1593966496.0Here’s my question. Because it’s safe to assume that Cleese isn’t on our side politically. Neither are the people at Barstool Sports. Neither is any other left-leaning person the radical leftists are going after for not having that week’s wrongspeak update. Or for saying the wrong thing years earlier before it was the wrong thing to say. At what point do they realize the right is the side that supports their free speech? Even if we disagree on every other issue, we’re not the ones on the attack over a tweet or looking to destroy them because they use their platform for something other than promoting the progressive agenda.The right still enjoys Monty Python. The left wants episodes of Fawlty Towers deleted over one of the jokes in it. Come to our side, John Cleese. We have delicious cookies biscuits. Why Fallon Shouldn’t Apologize for Blackface | Good Morning #MugClub youtu.be Not subscribed to the podcast? Fix that! It’s completely free.
More Headlines From Popular Sites
Breitbart News HomePage
- Tammy Duckworth Attacks Trump over Dubious Russia Bounty Claims by Joel B. Pollak on July 8, 2020 at 3:41 AM
Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-IL) attacked President Donald Trump Tuesday, saying he was not fit to be commander-in-chief because he allegedly overlooked intelligence reports of Russia paying bounties to kill U.S. troops in Afghanistan.
- CNN’s Lemon: The Way to Fix Mount Rushmore Is Add Obama by Pam Key on July 8, 2020 at 3:23 AM
Tuesday on CNN, host Don Lemon said President Barack Obama should be added to the Mount Rushmore sculptures of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, and Theodore Roosevelt.
- Tucker Carlson: Tammy Duckworth a ‘Coward,’ ‘Fraud’ — ‘She Has No Moral Authority’ by Jeff Poor on July 8, 2020 at 2:37 AM
Tuesday on Fox News Channel’s “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” host Tucker Carlson re-upped his criticism of Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-IL) after questioning how she and others in the Democratic Party could run a country that they hate a night earlier.
- Report: Chief Justice John Roberts Hospitalized in June with Head Injury by Joshua Caplan on July 8, 2020 at 2:35 AM
Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts was hospitalized in June with a head injury after a fall at a Maryland country club, a spokesperson for the court confirmed to the Washington Post Tuesday.
- Americans Gather for ‘Back the Blue’ Rallies Across the Nation by Amy Furr on July 8, 2020 at 2:23 AM
Citizens across the nation are showing their support for law enforcement officers amid calls to defund the police.
- Dr. Birx Attributes Coronavirus Case Spike to Reopening Too Fast: ‘We Know How to Stop Spread’ by Edwin Mora on July 8, 2020 at 1:57 AM
Southern states are experiencing a surge in Chinese coronavirus cases because they opened too fast, Dr. Deborah Birx, a top White House health official, declared on Tuesday, noting that the U.S. has the “capacity” to stem the spread of the disease.
- Washington State School Reopening Option Prioritizes ‘Students of Color’ by Dr. Susan Berry on July 8, 2020 at 1:46 AM
Washington’s planning guide for reopening schools says one approach to phase in face-to-face instruction prioritizes “students of color.”
- Joe Biden Enlists Clinton/Obama Loyalist, Tom Steyer to Advise on Climate Change by Penny Starr on July 8, 2020 at 1:42 AM
Joe Biden has recruited controversial environmental activist Carol Browner and billionaire Tom Steyer as campaign advisers on climate change.
- Joe Biden Pledges to Rejoin WHO on ‘First Day as President’ by Haris Alic on July 8, 2020 at 1:21 AM
Joe Biden, the presumptive Democrat nominee, is pledging to rejoin the World Health Organization (WHO) on his first day in the White House in response to President Donald Trump’s announcement that the United States would exit the body.
- Job Creators Network’s Alfredo Ortiz: PPP Loans a ‘Success Story’ That Helped Small Businesses ‘Survive Lockdowns’ by Jerome Hudson on July 7, 2020 at 11:56 PM
Alfredo Ortiz, President and CEO of the Job Creators Network, is praising the Trump administration’s Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loan program as “one of the most successful government programs of all time” as it helped “small business owners keep their lights on and keep their employees paid in order to survive government-imposed lockdowns.”
- Brazil’s Bolsonaro tests positive for coronavirus by John Bowden on July 7, 2020 at 3:28 PM
Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro announced Tuesday that he had tested positive for the coronavirus after being hospitalized for possible symptoms on Monday.”It came back positive,” he said in an address on Brazilian television, according to The Guardian.Bolsonaro’s confirmed infection comes as he has faced widespread criticism for not taking the coronavirus pandemic seriously and suggesting that he would easily beat the virus if he contracted it due to his “athlete’s […]
- The Hill’s Morning Report – Presented by Facebook – Miami pauses reopenings as COVID-19 infections rise, schools nationally plot return by Kyle Balluck on July 7, 2020 at 10:33 AM
Presented by Facebook Welcome to The Hill’s Morning Report. It is Tuesday. We get you up to speed on the most important developments in politics and policy, plus trends to watch. Alexis Simendinger and Al Weaver are the daily co-creators, so find us @asimendinger and @alweaver22 on Twitter and recommend the Morning Report to your friends. CLICK HERE to subscribe!Total U.S. […]
- Bubba Wallace responds to Trump: ‘Even when it’s HATE from the POTUS.. Love wins’ by Justin Wise on July 6, 2020 at 7:24 PM
NASCAR driver Bubba Wallace on Monday called for Americans to meet hate with love after President TrumpDonald John TrumpCNN’s Anderson Cooper: Trump’s Bubba Wallace tweet was ‘racist, just plain and simple’ Beats by Dre announces deal with Bubba Wallace, defends him after Trump remarks Overnight Defense: DOD reportedly eyeing Confederate flag ban | House military spending bill blocks wall funding MORE attacked the top racing league’s only African American driver and falsely […]
- McEnany attacks media in response to questions about Trump NASCAR tweet by Kyle Balluck on July 6, 2020 at 6:37 PM
White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany sparred with members of the press on Monday after repeatedly dodging questions about a tweet in which President TrumpDonald John TrumpCNN’s Anderson Cooper: Trump’s Bubba Wallace tweet was ‘racist, just plain and simple’ Beats by Dre announces deal with Bubba Wallace, defends him after Trump remarks Overnight Defense: DOD reportedly eyeing Confederate flag ban | House military spending bill blocks wall funding MORE blamed NASCAR’s decision to […]
- Congressional candidate Madison Cawthorn says Republican establishment wasted full control of government by Zack Budryk on July 6, 2020 at 5:45 PM
GZoZ3ORg Republican congressional candidate Madison Cawthorn, who defeated the candidate endorsed by President TrumpDonald John TrumpCNN’s Anderson Cooper: Trump’s Bubba Wallace tweet was ‘racist, just plain and simple’ Beats by Dre announces deal with Bubba Wallace, defends him after Trump remarks Overnight Defense: DOD reportedly eyeing Confederate flag ban | House military spending bill blocks wall funding MORE to win his party’s nomination in White […]
- Watch Live: White House press secretary holds briefing by James Burch on July 6, 2020 at 3:30 PM
President Trump’s press secretary, Kayleigh McEnany, will speak with reporters at the White House on Monday.The briefing will begin at 1 p.m. EDT.Watch the live video above.City: WashingtonCompany: White HouseCountry: USAPerson: Kayleigh McEnanyProvinceOrState: District of ColumbiaSocialTags: press conferenceWhite House press corpsPresidentTrumpjournalistsexecutive Share on Twitter Excluded from Just In: 0
- Spending bill would block military construction at bases with Confederate names by Rebecca Kheel on July 6, 2020 at 1:56 PM
A House spending bill for military construction would block funding for projects at bases named after Confederate leaders unless the properties are in the process of being renamed.The fiscal 2021 appropriations bill for military construction and the Department of Veterans Affairs would prohibit funding from going to military construction projects “located on a military installation bearing the name of a confederate officer, except in the case that a process to replace such names has been […]
- Trump swipes at NASCAR for banning Confederate flag, says Bubba Wallace should apologize by Kyle Balluck on July 6, 2020 at 1:02 PM
President TrumpDonald John TrumpCNN’s Anderson Cooper: Trump’s Bubba Wallace tweet was ‘racist, just plain and simple’ Beats by Dre announces deal with Bubba Wallace, defends him after Trump remarks Overnight Defense: DOD reportedly eyeing Confederate flag ban | House military spending bill blocks wall funding MORE on Monday chastised NASCAR for banning the Confederate flag from its races and targeted Bubba Wallace, one of the sport’s top Black stars, roughly two weeks after a noose was found […]
- White House chief of staff dismisses need for federal mandate on masks by Kyle Balluck on July 6, 2020 at 12:54 PM
Watch the latest video at foxnews.comWhite House chief of staff Mark MeadowsMark Randall MeadowsOvernight Health Care: Trump downplaying of COVID-19 sparks new criticism of response Trump downplaying sparks new criticism of COVID-19 response The Hill’s Coronavirus Report: The Hill’s Reid Wilson says political winners are governors who listened to scientists and public health experts; 12 states record new highs for seven-day case averages MORE said Monday that a national mandate requiring […]
- The Hill’s Morning Report – Presented by Facebook – Trump wants schools to reopen, challenged on ‘harmless’ COVID-19 remark by Kyle Balluck on July 6, 2020 at 10:32 AM
Presented by Facebook Welcome to The Hill’s Morning Report. It is Monday. We get you up to speed on the most important developments in politics and policy, plus trends to watch. Alexis Simendinger and Al Weaver are the daily co-creators, so find us @asimendinger and @alweaver22 on Twitter and recommend the Morning Report to your friends. CLICK HERE to subscribe!Total U.S. […]
The Daily Signal Policy News, Conservative Analysis and Opinion
- Frederick Douglass Statue Toppling Is About ‘Creating Chaos’ by Virginia Allen on July 7, 2020 at 7:01 AM
A Frederick Douglass statue is one of the latest victims in a long string of monument defacement over the past several weeks. On the 168th… Read More The post Frederick Douglass Statue Toppling Is About ‘Creating Chaos’ appeared first on The Daily Signal.
- Ohio Town Announces It’s a ‘Sanctuary City’ for Historical Statues by Rachel del Guidice on July 6, 2020 at 10:38 PM
The manager of a small town in Ohio has declared his municipality a “sanctuary city” for statues being toppled in other parts of the country…. Read More The post Ohio Town Announces It’s a ‘Sanctuary City’ for Historical Statues appeared first on The Daily Signal.
- Meat-Inspection Regulatory Reforms Could Help Avert Future Shortages, Experts Say by Virginia Allen on July 6, 2020 at 10:09 PM
America experienced meat shortages at some grocery stores this spring due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Experts say reforms are needed to the meat-inspection process that… Read More The post Meat-Inspection Regulatory Reforms Could Help Avert Future Shortages, Experts Say appeared first on The Daily Signal.
- Supreme Court’s ‘Faithless Electors’ Decision Safeguards Electoral College by Zack Smith on July 6, 2020 at 9:51 PM
In a decision issued Monday, the Supreme Court ruled that states can punish presidential electors who break their pledge to support the presidential candidate preferred… Read More The post Supreme Court’s ‘Faithless Electors’ Decision Safeguards Electoral College appeared first on The Daily Signal.
- Local Tribunal Attempts to Disenfranchise Citizens to Keep Town Council Positions by Kaitlynn Samalis-Aldrich on July 6, 2020 at 8:51 PM
A closely contested municipal election for five seats on the Harpers Ferry Town Council in West Virginia highlights the small margins with which some elections are decided,… Read More The post Local Tribunal Attempts to Disenfranchise Citizens to Keep Town Council Positions appeared first on The Daily Signal.
PjMedia Where the VRWC Collaborates OnlinePJ Media is a leading news site covering culture, politics, faith, homeland security, and more. Our reporters and columnists provide original, in-depth analysis from a variety of perspectives.
- Defund the Police? How About We Defund the Universities on July 7, 2020 at 8:25 PM
- The Kruiser Kabana Episode 50: This November Let’s Cancel the Joy-Sucking Grievance Pimps on July 7, 2020 at 8:02 PM
- Oregon School Districts Say White People Should Vote Democrat To Be Less Racist, May Have Broken the Law on July 7, 2020 at 6:12 PM
- Human Resources Will Become the Far Left’s Fifth Column and Destroy the American Workplace on July 7, 2020 at 5:51 PM
- ‘Stifling Atmosphere’ of Cancel Culture Will Harm ‘the Most Vital Causes of Our Time,’ Liberals Warn on July 7, 2020 at 5:45 PM
- Cancel Culture Will Turn the Whole World Into Greendale Community College if It’s Not Canceled Itself on July 7, 2020 at 5:01 PM
- Ilhan Omar Calls for ‘Dismantling’ America’s ‘Economy and Political System’ to Root Out ‘Oppression’ on July 7, 2020 at 4:46 PM
- Where’s the Spike in COVID-19 Deaths? on July 7, 2020 at 4:45 PM
- Tucker Carlson Calls Out Politicians on Both Sides of the Aisle, So Get Over It on July 7, 2020 at 4:15 PM
- Trump Did It. The U.S. Is Officially LEAVING the World Health Organization on July 7, 2020 at 3:55 PM
- WHO Says China Did Not Report Virus Outbreak, But Gave Info Only After WHO Inquired by Patrick Goodenough on July 7, 2020 at 12:00 AM
A vendor cleans her stall in a market in Wuhan, in Chinas central Hubei province on May 21, 2020. (Photo by HECTOR RETAMAL/AFP via Getty Images) (CNSNews.com) – The Chinese government insisted Monday that it had alerted the world about the novel coronavirus outbreak in a timely manner, shrugging off the World Health Organization’s recent revision of its official timeline, showing that WHO first approached China about reports of a new mystery illness. Foreign ministry spokesman […]
- Should an Obama 2.0 Have the Power to Subpoena Your Financial Records? by Mark Fitzgibbons on July 6, 2020 at 12:00 AM
U.S. President Barack Obama makes a statement in the State Dining Room of the White House. (Photo credit: BRENDAN SMIALOWSKI/AFP via Getty Images) The United States Supreme Court on June 29 declared unconstitutional a provision of law that the director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) — the monstrous bureaucratic brainchild of Democrat Sen. Elizabeth Warren created by 2010 legislation known as Dodd-Frank – could not be fired at will by the president. The […]
- Hershel Walker: ‘Where’s My Freedom That I Don’t Want to Tear Down Statues,’ Defund Police, Riot or Destroy Stores? by Craig Bannister on July 6, 2020 at 12:00 AM
Herschel Walker (Getty Images) “What about my freedom of speech? I want to be united as Americans. Congress and Senators… Can you hear me?” former NFL star running back Hershel Walker says in a new video denouncing Black Lives Matter (BLM) and the destruction wrought by its protesters. In the video posted on his Twitter page, Walker says that he doesn’t want to tear down statues, defund the police or tear up businesses – and that the BLM protesters don’t […]
- Kaepernick: ‘Black PPL Have Been Dehumanized, Brutalized, Criminalized + Terrorized by America for Centuries’ by CNSNews.com Staff on July 6, 2020 at 12:00 AM
Colin Kaepernick (#7) and Eric Reid (#35) kneel during the national anthem before a game between the 49ers and Carolina Panther in Charlotte, North Carolina, Sept. 18, 2016. (Photo by Grant Halverson/Getty Images) (CNSNews.com) – Colin Kaepernick, the former quarterback for the San Francisco 49ers, sent out a tweet on the Fourth of July condemning what he called “your celebration of white supremacy” and looking “forward to liberation for all.” “Black ppl have […]
- Bozell Demands Va. Gov. Northam Fire Official Who Ordered Removal of American Flag by Craig Bannister on July 6, 2020 at 12:00 AM
(Screenshot) “Who the hell do you think you are?” Media Research Center President Brent Bozell asks Democrat Virginia Governor Ralph Northam in an open letter after officials in Richmond, the state’s capital, reportedly ordered the removal of the U.S. flag celebrating the Fourth of July from a local construction site. Bozell’s letter to Gov. Northam is presented below: Dear Governor Northam, Who in the hell do you think you are allowing the American flag to be taken down in Richmond […]
- Father of 8-Year-Old Girl Shot and Killed Allegedly by Protesters: ‘You Killed Your Own This Time’ by Bailey Duran on July 6, 2020 at 12:00 AM
Eight-year-old Secoriea Turner, who was shot and killed allegedly by protesters on July 4, 2020. (Twitter) (CNS News) – The father of an 8-year-old girl who was shot and killed on July 4, allegedly by protesters camped out at a burned-down Wendy’s restaurant in Atlanta, Ga., spoke at a press conference on Sunday and remarked, “They say, ‘black lives matter.’ You killed your own, you killed your own this time.” The Wendy’s was the restaurant where, in the […]
- Charlie Daniels: ‘When I Leave Tennessee I Want to Go to Heaven’ by Terence P. Jeffrey on July 6, 2020 at 12:00 AM
Charlie Daniels (Photo by Brownie Harris/Corbis via Getty Images) (CNSNews.com) – The great singer, songwriter and musician Charlie Daniels, who passed away today at the age of 83, once said that that the only place he wanted to live in more than Tennessee was heaven. “So, in 1967, we moved to Nashville,” Daniels said in a 2017 interview with CNSNews.com. “It was a tough move for a while,” he said. “Nashville is probably, well, at least one of the most […]
- Charlie Daniels: My Beautiful America by Charlie Daniels on July 6, 2020 at 12:00 AM
Charlie Daniels’ decorated career as a singer, song writer, guitarist, and fiddler spanned several decades. (Photo credit: Gary Miller/Getty Images) This year, as we celebrate the 244th birthday of the greatest nation the world has ever known, we are beset with many problems, some of our making and some we have no control over. But, be that as it is, America is still the greatest and I want to express my personal feelings about our beloved country, its magnificence, its beauty, and its […]
- From Mass to Monuments, Anti-Catholicism Spikes in California by Bill Donohue on July 6, 2020 at 12:00 AM
A protester steps on top of a toppled statue of St. Junípero Serra in Los Angeles, Calif. (Photo credit: YouTube/ABC7) Anti-Catholicism is sweeping California. Attacks on Catholic statues, public complaints about Catholics attending Mass, the selective enforcement of executive orders on religious gatherings, and politicians seeking to intimidate priests and bishops are commonplace. A mob of anti-Catholics celebrated the Fourth of July by destroying a statue of St. […]
Observer People and Trends
- Warren Buffett Makes First Pandemic Purchase, Becomes US’s Top Fossil Fuel Polluter by Sissi Cao on July 6, 2020 at 8:07 PM
The 89-year-old billionaire finally breaks silence in the dealmaking space.
- The ‘Mona Lisa’ Is Back on View, but With New Rules for Viewing by Helen Holmes on July 6, 2020 at 6:55 PM
Now that the Louvre has reopened, there are new rules to avoid people swarming to the famous painting.
- Netflix Stock Is Surging, But It May Not Be Sustainable by Brandon Katz on July 6, 2020 at 5:31 PM
Over the last six months, Netflix has seen its share price surge nearly 70%.
- Starving Uber Gobbles Up Postmates, But Can It Save The Company? by Sissi Cao on July 6, 2020 at 4:25 PM
Uber will merge Postmates with Uber Eats. The combined business will own a third of the U.S. food delivery market.
- Jennifer Lopez Paid $1.37 Million for an Encino Home by Morgan Halberg on July 6, 2020 at 4:03 PM
She already owns a $28 million mansion in Bel Air.
Right Side Broadcasting Network On the right side of history.
- LIVE: President Donald Trump Holds MAGA Rally in Portsmouth, NH 7-11-20 by RSBN Staff on July 6, 2020 at 8:51 PM
Saturday, July 11, 2020: Join RSBN for all day live coverage from the Portsmouth International Airport at Pease in Portsmouth, NH as President Donald Trump holds a Make America Great Again rally! The post LIVE: President Donald Trump Holds MAGA Rally in Portsmouth, NH 7-11-20 appeared first on Right Side Broadcasting Network.
- Watch Live: White House Briefing with Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany 7/6/20 by RSBN Staff on July 6, 2020 at 4:31 PM
Monday, July 6, 2020: Watch live as White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany holds a press briefing from the James S. Brady Press Briefing Room at The White House. The post Watch Live: White House Briefing with Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany 7/6/20 appeared first on Right Side Broadcasting Network.
- LIVE: SALUTE TO AMERICA Hosted by President Donald Trump and The First Lady – 7/4/20 by RSBN Staff on July 2, 2020 at 1:02 AM
Saturday, July 4, 2020: Join RSBN for LIVE all day coverage of President Donald Trump’s Salute to America event in Washington, DC. Events will take place all day with the RSBN crew hosting the show LIVE from Mount Rushmore. 🔴 LIVE: SALUTE TO AMERICA Hosted by President Donald Trump and The First Lady – 7/4/20 The post LIVE: SALUTE TO AMERICA Hosted by President Donald Trump and The First Lady – 7/4/20 appeared first on Right Side Broadcasting Network.
- LIVE: President Trump Speaks at Mount Rushmore; ALL DAY Coverage and Fireworks! 7/3/20 by RSBN Staff on July 2, 2020 at 12:58 AM
Friday, July 3, 2020: Join the RSBN crew for all day LIVE coverage from Keystone, SD at Mount Rushmore for President Donald J. Trump remarks at South Dakota’s Mount Rushmore Fireworks Celebration! The post LIVE: President Trump Speaks at Mount Rushmore; ALL DAY Coverage and Fireworks! 7/3/20 appeared first on Right Side Broadcasting Network.
- Watch Live: White House Briefing with Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany 6/29/20 by RSBN Staff on June 29, 2020 at 2:41 PM
Monday, June 29, 2020: Watch live as White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany holds a press briefing from the James S. Brady Press Briefing Room at The White House The post Watch Live: White House Briefing with Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany 6/29/20 appeared first on Right Side Broadcasting Network.
Twitchy Who Said What
- Reality checks INCOMING! CNN’s Brian Stelter whines about My Pillow ‘propping up’ Tucker Carlson, trips over own network’s ratings on July 6, 2020 at 10:48 PM
- Florida’s ‘Grim Reaper’ files suit against Gov. Ron DeSantis for reopening the beaches too early on July 6, 2020 at 8:10 PM
- Disney strikes a brand new production deal for social activist content with Colin Kaepernick, and it gets more woke from there on July 6, 2020 at 7:53 PM
- ‘This editorial is simply insane’: Brit Hume rips WaPo editorial board’s opinion that President Trump’s speech ‘plumbed new depths of depravity’ on July 6, 2020 at 7:34 PM
- And? ‘Dukes of Hazzard’ car to remain in auto museum where it’s been for 15 years with no complaints on July 6, 2020 at 6:42 PM
- Shocker! Andrew Cuomo admin investigated themselves and found gov’s COVID-19 nursing home policy was NOT a ‘significant factor’ in deaths on July 6, 2020 at 6:04 PM
- Mob returns to the home of the St. Louis couple who brandished firearms on their private property to intimidate them some more on July 6, 2020 at 5:57 PM
- ‘Unhinged’: Atlanta mayor says Trump’s ‘lack of leadership’ is playing out as violence in her city (and Chicago) on July 6, 2020 at 5:32 PM
- Free Beacon: Media Matters received as much as $2 million in coronavirus relief on July 6, 2020 at 5:14 PM
- White woman who called the cops on black bird watcher faces misdemeanor charge, though some say she was trying to get him killed on July 6, 2020 at 4:51 PM
- BIS Innovation Hub: The Gradual March To Central Bank Digital Currency Continues To Advance by Tyler Durden on July 7, 2020 at 9:00 AM
BIS Innovation Hub: The Gradual March To Central Bank Digital Currency Continues To Advance Tyler Durden Tue, 07/07/2020 – 05:00 Authored by Steven Guinness, This time last year when the Bank for International Settlements released their Annual Economic Report, it combined with the announcement of a new initiative called the ‘BIS Innovation Hub‘ (also known as ‘Innovation BIS 2025‘). The BIS refer to the Innovation Hub as a medium term project that […]
- Nigerian Instagram “Star” Arrested After Conspiring To Steal Hundreds Of Millions Using E-Mail Hacking Scams by Tyler Durden on July 7, 2020 at 8:15 AM
Nigerian Instagram “Star” Arrested After Conspiring To Steal Hundreds Of Millions Using E-Mail Hacking Scams Tyler Durden Tue, 07/07/2020 – 04:15 A Nigerian social media star named “Hushpuppi” was extradited to the U.S. from Dubai late last week to face fraud charges, including allegations of laundering hundreds of millions of dollars. The “star”, whose actual name is Ramon Olorunwa Abbas has 2.4 million followers on Instagram, according to Bloomberg. Have you […]
- Israel Challenges Iran By Launching Reconnaissance Satellite Into Space by Tyler Durden on July 7, 2020 at 7:30 AM
Israel Challenges Iran By Launching Reconnaissance Satellite Into Space Tyler Durden Tue, 07/07/2020 – 03:30 Via AlMasdarNews.com, Israel announced on Monday that it had successfully launched a reconnaissance satellite into space in its first experiment in this field. The announcement came from the spokesperson of the Israeli army, Avichay Adraee, who tweeted: “The Ministry of Defense confirmed that the space administration at the Research and Development […]
- Russia & Greece Slam Turkey For Plans To Turn Hagia Sophia Church Into A Mosque by Tyler Durden on July 7, 2020 at 6:45 AM
Russia & Greece Slam Turkey For Plans To Turn Hagia Sophia Church Into A Mosque Tyler Durden Tue, 07/07/2020 – 02:45 Greece and Turkey are once again at odds over the fate of one of Christendom’s largest and oldest churches, built under Byzantine Emperor Justinian in the 6th century, and surviving changing empires throughout history. The Church of Hagia Sophia in Istanbul was – prior to the Turkish takeover of Byzantium in 1453 – Constantinople’s […]
- Slavery Rampant In Africa, Middle East; The West Wrongly Accuses Itself by Tyler Durden on July 7, 2020 at 6:00 AM
Slavery Rampant In Africa, Middle East; The West Wrongly Accuses Itself Tyler Durden Tue, 07/07/2020 – 02:00 Authored by Giulio Meotti via The Gatestone Institute, The United States abolished slavery 150 years ago, and has affirmative action for minorities. It is the country that elected a Black president, Barack Obama — twice! Yet, a new movement is toppling one historic monument after another one, as if the US is still enslaving African-Americans. Activists […]
Infowars Alex Jones’ Infowars: There’s a war on for your mind!
- Cotton: Woke Left Allowing ‘Evil’ China To Get Away With Forced Abortion, Concentration Camps by Steve Watson on July 7, 2020 at 8:32 AM
“A disgraceful and shameful contrast” to denounce America in the face of Chinese tyranny.
- Worldwide Population Being Tortured In Deep State Psyop by Greg Reese on July 6, 2020 at 11:00 PM
The response to Covid-19 mirrors Communist Chinese brainwashing torture techniques.
- Shock Videos: BLM Harasses Christians Attending Church by Adan Salazar on July 6, 2020 at 10:32 PM
Mother and children accosted while attempting to enter church.
- OB/GYN Docs in U.S. Want COVID-19 Vaccines Tested on Pregnant Women by Barbara Cáceres on July 6, 2020 at 10:32 PM
Pregnant women, breastfeeding moms to be test subjects in COVID-19 vaccine trials and will be among first to get vaccinated…
- Foreign Students on Visas Must Leave USA If Schools Go Online-Only: ICE by Zero Hedge on July 6, 2020 at 10:09 PM
Federal government cracks down on foreign nationals taking online courses in US
- House Squad members unveil bill to defund police and give reparations by NY Post on July 8, 2020 at 4:33 AM
Left-wing lawmakers on Tuesday announced federal legislation to defund police and set up reparations for people who either are black or were harmed by cops. Reps. Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) and Ayanna Pressley (D-Mass.) are sponsors of the BREATHE Act, which was announced on a Zoom call. It has not yet been introduced.
- Chinese and US scientists genetically engineered bat coronaviruses in dangerous gain-of-function research stretching back years by GMWATCH on July 8, 2020 at 4:31 AM
Research was omitted from landmark paper claiming natural origin of SARS-CoV-2. Report: Claire Robinson Chinese and US scientists have been collaborating for years in dangerous gain-of-function experiments that involve genetically engineering coronaviruses from bats and other animals, as revealed by a series of scientific publications. The coronaviruses are related to the SARS viruses that cause severe respiratory diseases in humans. The scientists were based at the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV) in China, the lab suspected by some of accidentally releasing the SARS-CoV-2 virus that caused the COVID-19 pandemic, and at the University of North Carolina (UNC) in the US….
- Chief Justice Roberts was hospitalized overnight after a fall June 21 by Twitter on July 8, 2020 at 4:10 AM
BREAKING: #SCOTUS confirms Chief Justice Roberts was hospitalized overnight after a fall June 21st. “The injury required sutures … His doctors ruled out a seizure. They believe the fall was likely due to light-headedness caused by dehydration.”
- Caption Time by Vanity on July 8, 2020 at 4:10 AM
- All black lives matter': Kayleigh McEnany scolds press corps for questions about Confederate flag instead of weekend crime by Washington Examiner on July 8, 2020 at 4:04 AM
White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany admonished reporters for repeatedly asking her about the Confederate flag and a tweet from President Trump instead of the violence that broke out in major cities over Independence Day weekend. “Finally, I would end with this: I was asked probably 12 questions about the Confederate flag. This president is focused on action. Im a little dismayed that I didnt receive one question on the deaths in this country this weekend,” McEnany told members of the media during a press briefing on Monday. “I didnt receive one question about New York City shootings doubling for…
- Yes Virginia, Those Spanish Monuments Must Be Defended as Well! by Townhall.com on July 7, 2020 at 6:40 PM
No monument is safe as America undergoes this Kulturkampf, and no statue should be taken for granted or considered less worthy of protection.Â First it was Confederate monuments. Low-hanging fruit. For the iconoclastic Left, however, this was merely the appetizer.Â As of this writing, the main course is being served. The mob is clamoring to gobble up monuments dedicated to the likes of theÂ Founding Fathers andÂ Teddy Roosevelt. Even the abolitionistÂ Matthias Baldwin was not spared from the leftist frenzy after vandals tagged the statue with paint and graffiti that read âcolonizerâ and âmurderer.âIt would be a mistake to believe that anti-monument saturnalia…
- Second wave? Not even close. by Off Guardian on July 7, 2020 at 5:43 PM
The headlines are filled with dire warnings of a second wave and trigger-happy Governors are rolling back regulations to try to stem the tide of new cases. But, is any of it actually true and should we all be worried? No, its not a second wave. The COVID-19 virus is on its final legs, and while I have filled this post with graphs to prove everything I just said, this is really the only graph you need to see, its the CDCs data, over time, of deaths from COVID-19 here in the U.S., and the trend line is unmistakable:
- NFL, NBA, BLM by FrontPage Magazine on July 7, 2020 at 5:15 PM
Welcome to the NFL’s anthem antics — while the NBA promotes Black Lives Matter on the court. NFL to play Black national anthem Lift Evry Voice and Sing before Star Spangled Banner at Week 1 games, headlined a July 2 story from CBS Sports. That drew pushback from Sen. Ted Cruz, who wondered, How many national anthems do we have? Is there an Hispanic national anthem? An Asian-American national anthem? This is asinine. We are ONE America. E Pluribus Unum. The Texas Republican was on to the implication. Since Lift Evry Voice and Sing is not the national anthem of…
- Just Say No to the Revolution-It's our turn to #Resist by FrontPage Magazine on July 7, 2020 at 4:45 PM
As the militantly ignorant shock troops of a new Cultural Revolution rampage across the United States of America in an orgy of statue-toppling, cop-killing, and flag-burning, they continue to be met with a stunning lack of resistance. President Trumps stirring Independence Day speech aside, the countrys leaders are worse than useless: Democrat politicians support the chaos, and Republican politicians generally are too feckless to take action. Conservative citizens are too law-abiding to fight fire with fire, and so the mob, stoked by the activist news media and facing no consequences for their anarchy, tears down America unopposed. Instead of…
- Why Millions Of Americans Might Be About To Ditch City Living by The Federalist on July 7, 2020 at 4:41 PM
While weÂre starting to see signs of economic revival, some areas are experiencing more of a recovery than others. Millions are rethinking where they live. Cities can be great places to live because of job opportunities and a wide array of amenities. Indeed, Professor Edward Glaeserâs seminal book, Triumph of the City, chronicles the rise of cities while also explaining their beneficial effects on productivity, health, and happiness. Yet despite all of that, we might be on the precipice of one of the greatest interstate migrations in our nationÂs history.While there were always costs associated with living in cities that…
- Unhinged: Vandals tear down statue of famed abolitionist Frederick Douglass in New York by lawenforcementtoday on July 8, 2020 at 4:00 AM
Over the past month, statues and depictions of prior presidents, Christopher Columbus, and even religious homages have been subjected to forms of vandalism by many unhinged activists. So, it is with little surprise that the latest casualty of the attacks on statues was none other than that of famed abolitionist Frederick Douglass in Maplewood Park. According to Rochester Police, the tearing down of the statue of Douglass took place during the Fourth of July weekend. Police stated that the depiction of Douglass was removed from the base where it was erected, and was found approximately 50 feet from its original…
- Mary Kay Letourneau dies at 58 by King5 on July 8, 2020 at 2:49 AM
Mary Kay Letourneau, who received national infamy after being convicted of raping her student and then later marrying him, has died at age 58, her attorney confirmed to KING 5 news. Letourneau died of stage 4 cancer, said her attorney David Gerke, who represented her on the case. In 1996, Letourneau, a sixth-grade teacher at Shorewood Elementary in Burien, was caught having sexual relations with Vili Fualaau, who was her student. Fualaau was 12-years-old at the time. The two got married in 2005 just after Letourneau was released from a seven-year prison sentence for having sex with a minor. Fualaau…
- LA County officials push plan to close aging Men's Central Jail in 'care first, jails last' approach by Foxnews.com on July 8, 2020 at 2:32 AM
Los Angeles County officials endorsed a proposal Tuesday to create a plan to close down the county’s oldest jail complex within a year amid escalating costs to maintain the aging facility.
- Ilhan Omar Calls For The Dismantling Of US Economy, Political System by Daily Caller on July 8, 2020 at 1:59 AM
Democratic Minnesota Rep. Ilhan Omar called for the dismantling of the U.S. economy and political system Tuesday. As long as our economy and political systems prioritize profit without considering who is profiting, who is being shut out, we will perpetuate this inequality, Omar said. We cannot stop at criminal justice system. We must begin the work of dismantling the whole system of oppression wherever we find it. Omar held an event Tuesday in her home state of Minnesota with members of the Minnesota People of Color and Indigenous Caucus. Omar tweeted earlier Tuesday that the purpose of the event was…
- COVER-UP: Cuomo Investigates Himself, Finds He's Not at Fault for Deadly COVID-19 Nursing Home Policy by pjmedia.com on July 8, 2020 at 1:45 AM
Downstate New York isnt just the hot spot of the coronavirus pandemic in the United States, but the entire world. Without a doubt, Governor Andrew Cuomos nursing home policy contributed significantly to this. On March 25, Cuomo ordered nursing homes to accept patients regardless of their coronavirus status. Even then it was well-known that the elderly were more vulnerable to the virus, yet Cuomo defended the policy. Nursing homes dont have a right to object. That is the rule and that is the regulation and they have to comply with that, Cuomo said in April. He finally rescinded the order…
- Trump claims 99% of US Covid-19 cases are 'totally harmless' as infections surge (Guardian Hit piece) by The Guardian on July 7, 2020 at 4:49 AM
Donald Trump has celebrated independence day with a string of false and misleading claims attempting to play down the coronavirus pandemic and warning that China will be held accountable. The US president staged a Salute to America jamboree on the south lawn of the White House with flyovers by military jets, parachute jumps and patriotic songs, but little effort among guests to physical distance or wear face masks. The country has undergone staggering changes unthinkable when Trump hosted the first such event a year ago on 4 July with tanks and other military hardware at the Lincoln Memorial. The coronavirus…
- Spencer Cox wins Republican primary race for Utah governor over Jon Huntsman by Salt Lake Tribune on July 7, 2020 at 3:13 AM
Lt. Gov Spencer Cox has bested Jon Huntsman, the former Utah governor who was seeking a third term, in the primary race for Utah governor. Huntsman didnt indicate what would come next for him but said that public service is in our blood Cox will face Democrat Chris Peterson, a University of Utah law professor, in the contest for a seat Democrats havent won in 40 years. Cox has served at nearly every level of local government, before winning election to the Utah House. He was still a freshman state representative in 2013, when Herbert plucked him from relative obscurity…
- Judge deals blow to owners of gym that defied governors lockdown orders by NJ.com on July 7, 2020 at 3:11 AM
The owners of gym that made national headlines after it opened in defiance of Gov. Phil Murphy COVID-19 lockdown were dealt a blow in their legal fight to convince the courts that shuttering their place of business was unconstitutional. In a decision reached during hearing held over Zoom Friday, U.S. District Judge Robert B. Kugler denied the request of the owners of Atilis Gym of Bellmawr to open via a temporary restraining order as they continued litigation with the state. In a federal lawsuit filed last month, attorneys for the gym claimed Gov. Phil Murphy arbitrarily deemed some businesses essential…
- Coronavirus Vaccine: Panel Of Experts To Determine Who Gets Vaccinated First In The US by International Business Times on July 7, 2020 at 2:49 AM
KEY POINTS -Coronavirus vaccine distribution will be determined by a panel of experts, who wont be from government -National Institutes of Health Director Dr. Francis Collins is working with various agencies for the guidelines of ethical vaccine distribution -This is in response to Trumps Operation Warp Speed that aims to deliver 300 million coronavirus vaccine by January 2021 A panel of experts, who will not be from the U.S. government, will likely be tasked to determine who gets the coronavirus vaccine first. National Institutes of Health (NIH) Director Dr. Francis Collins told a Senate panel in a hearing on vaccine…
- CDC: After 10-Week Decline In COVID-19 Deaths, It May Soon No Longer Be An Epidemic by The Federalist on July 7, 2020 at 2:22 AM
The United States now has so few deaths due to COVID-19 that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported Friday it is approaching the threshold for dipping below the level of an epidemic. The CDC defines an epidemic as an outbreak from which the number of deaths per week exceeds a given percentage of total deaths within the nation. The number of deaths from COVID-19 has steadily declined since hitting its peak in early May after it began spiking in the second week in March. That threshold death rate for COVID-19 and other diseases such as influenza and pneumonia…
- Trudeau takes a pass on meeting with Trump, Lopez Obrador by The Star on July 6, 2020 at 4:14 PM
OTTAWAPrime Minister Justin Trudeau is taking a pass on a meeting this week with U.S. President Donald Trump and Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador. Trudeaus office says he wishes the two countries and their leaders well but Trudeau will remain in Ottawa for a cabinet retreat and a scheduled sitting of Parliament. Lopez Obrador is travelling to D.C. in part to celebrate the entry-into-force of the new North American free-trade deal and had expressed hope Trudeau would join as well. Trudeaus office says the prime minister will continue to work with both countries to ensure the agreement becomes a…
- Supreme Court rules states can remove 'faithless electors' by The Hill on July 6, 2020 at 2:32 PM
The Supreme Court on Monday ruled that states can prohibit their Electoral College representatives from disregarding voters when casting their ballots in presidential elections. The unanimous decision, arising out of a case from Washington state, essentially gives states the right to outlaw “faithless electors” who cast their votes for people other than those chosen by their voters. “Nothing in the Constitution expressly prohibits States from taking away presidential electors voting discretion as Washington does,” Justice Elena Kagan wrote in the majority decision. –This breaking news report will be updated.
- Make America Great Again! Rally – Portsmouth, NH – 7/11/20 by TeamTrump on July 5, 2020 at 9:11 PM
Make America Great Again! Rally – Portsmouth, NH Sat, July 11, 2020 08:00 pm (EDT) Doors Open: 04:00 pm Portsmouth International Airport at Pease 36 Airline Ave. Portsmouth, NH, 03801
- Christopher Columbus statue near Little Italy brought down, tossed into Baltimore's Inner Harbor by Baltimore Sun on July 5, 2020 at 2:08 PM
A crowd of shouting protesters yanked down the Christopher Columbus statue near Little Italy, dragged it to the edge of Baltimore’s Inner Harbor and rolled it with a splash into the water as fireworks went off around the city on the night of the Fourth of July. Dedicated in 1984, the statue is the latest monument in the U.S. to fall this year during the national reckoning over racism and police violence that also has toppled statues of Confederate figures and enslavers around the country…..
- "Salute to America " 4th of July Celebration at the White House by CSPAN on July 4, 2020 at 11:03 PM
President Trump and first lady Melania Trump participated in the Salute to America 4th of July celebration at the White House.
- Kindness Yoga called out: Weakened by coronavirus, 9 studios close after Instagram campaign exposes rift over race by The Colorado Sun (via Instapundit) on July 8, 2020 at 3:10 AM
Patrick Harrington is sitting on a rock high on a hilltop…his head in his hands. The owner of Kindness Yoga, and one of the most well-known yogis in Denver, is struggling to piece together the words to explain what happened in the span of a week to his once-stellar reputation and his 19-year-old business. He is stunned, though remorseful. He is eager to speak up, yet on edge for fear of saying anything that could make all of this any worse. Harrington, a straight, white guy who expanded Kindness to nine studios and 160 employees across metro Denver,…
- NEWSTeam Tuberville is Never Trump, Pro Amnesty, an Investigation Uncovers by Mike Cernovich’s website on July 8, 2020 at 2:53 AM
If Trump is nominated, the GOP must keep him out of the White House, Tommy Tubervilles senior adviser Rob Jesmer Tweeted, in a series of anti-Trump, pro-amnesty Tweets going back years. An investigation into Tuberville staff shows hostility towards Trumps agenda and trumps supporters. Jesmer is Tubervilles media adviser and is rumored to be in contention for the coveted chief of staff position in an Tuberville administration. Jesmer will be calling the shots on immigration. Whats interest about this Tweet is that Jesmer added the picture himself. Often times an image will auto-populate when you post a URL link. Jesmer…
- Wall Street Analysts Say Market Rally Foretells a V-shaped Recovery by Epoch Times on July 8, 2020 at 1:34 AM
Theres a common fear that Wall Street, buoyed by bullish sentiment, has gotten far ahead of the economic recovery and corporate earnings. However, despite continued volatility and uncertainty, analysts dont expect a sharp market correction and say theres still room for some upside for U.S. stocks ahead. Much better than expected economic data combined with positive news on drug treatments and potential vaccines for COVID-19 have bolstered investor confidence in recent months. But a spike in coronavirus cases as reopenings advance and the potential for a Democratic win in November pose downside risks to the stock market, according to analysts….
- Disney says Walt Disney World reopening is on track for Saturday by news.trust.org on July 8, 2020 at 1:03 AM
July 7 (Reuters) – Walt Disney Co will stick to its plans to reopen its Walt Disney World theme parks in Orlando, Florida, to a limited number of guests on Saturday, the company said in a statement on Tuesday. Florida’s coronavirus cases have soared in the last month, with the state’s daily count topping 10,000 three times in the last week. The death rate from COVID-19 rose nearly 19% in the last week from the week prior, bringing the state’s death toll to more than 3,800. Some workers have signed a petition asking Disney to delay Walt Disney World’s reopening….
- Dakota Access Pipeline to Shut Down Pending Review, [Obama] Federal Judge Rules by The New York Times on July 7, 2020 at 5:38 PM
The Dakota Access Pipeline, an oil route from North Dakota to Illinois that has inspired intense protests and legal battles, must shut down pending an environmental review and be emptied of oil by Aug. 5, a district court ruled on Monday. It essentially vacates a federal permit that had allowed the pipeline to operate while the United States Army Corps of Engineers, which had granted the permits for the pipeline, conducted an extensive environmental impact review. The decision, which could be subject to appeal, is a victory for the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe and other Native American and environmental groups…
- Ex-Air Force intelligence worker, 46, planned to hand classified NSA information to Russia after kidnapping her six-year-old daughter and fleeing to Mexico by UK Daily Mail on July 7, 2020 at 8:59 AM
A West Virginia woman who served in the Air Force planned to offer top-secret information from the National Security Agency to the Russian government, prosecutors said Monday. Elizabeth Jo Shirley pleaded guilty as part of a plea agreement to one count each of willful retention of national defense information and international parental kidnapping, the U.S. Justice Department said. Shirley, 46, of Hedgesville, faces up to 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine on the national security charge and up to three years and a $250,000 fine on the kidnapping charge.
- UN slams Donald Trump for killing Iranian General Soleimani because there was 'insufficient evidence he was behind an ongoing or imminent attack' by UK Daily Mail on July 7, 2020 at 8:53 AM
The January U.S. drone strike in Iraq that killed top Iranian general Qassem Soleimani and nine other people represented a violation of international law, a U.N. human rights investigator said on Monday. The United States has failed to provide sufficient evidence of an ongoing or imminent attack against its interests to justify the strike on Soleimani’s convoy as it left Baghdad airport, said Agnes Callamard, U.N. special rapporteur on extrajudicial, summary or arbitrary executions. The attack violated the U.N. Charter, Callamard wrote in a report calling for accountability for targeted killings by armed drones and for greater regulation of the…
- Police: Man in stolen vehicle flees officers, crashes into woman in separate stolen vehicle in Newberg; both arrested. by Fox 12 Oregon on July 7, 2020 at 8:22 AM
NEWBERG, OR (KPTV) – Two drivers in separate stolen vehicles were arrested following a crash in Newberg over the weekend. On Sunday morning, officers responded to a report of a suspect that had just stolen a person’s Toyota Land Cruiser. The stolen vehicle was located minutes later as it went through town, according to police. The suspect attempted to elude police through downtown Newberg, then crashed into an occupied Buick Regal near East Franklin and College Street. The driver in the Toyota, identified as Randy Lee Cooper, 27, of Portland, was arrested for unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, attempting…
- Georgia Is Doing Fine, Thank You by City Journal on July 7, 2020 at 8:22 AM
The northeastern United States was badly ravaged by the Covid-19 pandemic. The five states with the highest Covid-19 deaths per capita to date are New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island; if the District of Columbia were a state, it would place sixth. snip. . . Why did these areas, these national centers of government power (Washington), financial might (New York City), and academic prestige (Boston) do so poorly? It is a truism that its easier to spot the speck in someone elses eye than the log in your own; we have seen elite publications from each of…
- DNA Inherited From Neanderthals May Increase Risk of Covid-19 by https://www.nytimes.com on July 7, 2020 at 6:35 AM
A stretch of DNA linked to Covid-19 was passed down from Neanderthals 60,000 years ago, according to a new study. Scientists dont yet know why this particular segment increases the risk of severe illness from the coronavirus. But the new findings, which were posted online on Friday and have not yet been published in a scientific journal, show how some clues to modern health stem from ancient history. This interbreeding effect that happened 60,000 years ago is still having an impact today, said Joshua Akey, a geneticist at Princeton University who was not involved in the new study. This piece…
- The Police, Patriarchy and Feminism on July 7, 2020 at 5:00 AM
The Left’s war on police isn’t all that different from its war on fathers.
- The Obama Years Sowed the Seeds for the Current Societal Chaos on July 7, 2020 at 5:00 AM
Obama never missed an opportunity to pour gasoline on the flames of violence and racial animosity
- Catch 45: Only Donald Trump Can Save Washington on July 7, 2020 at 5:00 AM
Standing in the gap trying to prevent certain American immolation is President Donald Trump, the one person in D.C. that D.C. universally seeks to destroy.
- COVID and the CDC on July 7, 2020 at 5:00 AM
Is the CDC being hoisted by their own COVID death statistics?
- Know Your Enemy: Undeniable Truths About the Left on July 7, 2020 at 5:00 AM
The left is fomenting lawlessness in a bid to punish us for voting for Trump, and threaten us not to do it again.
- Mount Rushmore: Once Iconic, Now Canceled by David Rutz on July 6, 2020 at 10:30 PM
Mount Rushmore has come under fire from liberals in recent weeks for its depiction of presidents who were slaveholders, but before President Donald Trump gave a speech there, it was revered by figures on the left. The post Mount Rushmore: Once Iconic, Now Canceled appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- The Toughest Questions Chris Cuomo Asked His Big Brother by David Rutz on July 1, 2020 at 6:30 PM
CNN primetime host Chris Cuomo has a famous and powerful older brother: New York governor Andrew Cuomo (D.). The post The Toughest Questions Chris Cuomo Asked His Big Brother appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- ‘Daily Show’ Discussion on CNN, MSNBC Plummets in Trevor Noah Era by David Rutz on June 30, 2020 at 6:00 PM
Discussion of Comedy Central’s The Daily Show on MSNBC and CNN has tanked since Trevor Noah took over for Jon Stewart in 2015, a Washington Free Beacon analysis finds. The post ‘Daily Show’ Discussion on CNN, MSNBC Plummets in Trevor Noah Era appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- WaPo Opinion Editor Deletes Tweet Floating ‘Revenge’ Against White Women by Graham Piro on June 29, 2020 at 6:00 PM
Karen Attiah, the Washington Post’s global opinions editor, deleted a tweet in which she said white women are “lucky” that “we are just calling them ‘Karen’s,” and not “calling for revenge.” The post WaPo Opinion Editor Deletes Tweet Floating ‘Revenge’ Against White Women appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- NYT Pulitzer Prize Winner: White Race ‘Barbaric’ by Josh Christenson on June 26, 2020 at 11:00 PM
Pulitzer Prize-winning New York Times writer Nikole Hannah-Jones once penned a polemical letter to her college newspaper denouncing the white race as “barbaric.” The post NYT Pulitzer Prize Winner: White Race ‘Barbaric’ appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- Media Pushed Now-Debunked Noose Hate Crime Against NASCAR Driver by David Rutz on June 24, 2020 at 5:00 PM
Network and cable television figures pushed the unsubstantiated allegation that someone committed a hate crime against black NASCAR driver Bubba Wallace by putting a noose in his garage, before an FBI investigation debunked it. The post Media Pushed Now-Debunked Noose Hate Crime Against NASCAR Driver appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- Journos Against Freedom: Media Elites Air Grievances, Conspiracy Theories in Response to Fireworks by Andrew Stiles on June 22, 2020 at 7:45 PM
With July 4 fast approaching, fireworks are going off in major cities across the country. Our nation’s journalists are all over this important story—no, not by doing actual journalism to discover the truth. Rather, they’re posting complaints and conspiracy theories on Twitter. The post Journos Against Freedom: Media Elites Air Grievances, Conspiracy Theories in Response to Fireworks appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- NYT Taps Intercept Alum to Manage Editorial Page by David Rutz on June 22, 2020 at 7:00 PM
The New York Times has hired Charlotte Greensit of the left-wing Intercept to be its opinion section’s managing editor and an associate editorial page editor. The post NYT Taps Intercept Alum to Manage Editorial Page appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.
- The Unrelenting Assault on President Trump by Conrad Black on July 7, 2020 at 11:29 PM
Almost the entire national political media have completely and constantly misreported the president’s public remarks and policies.
- Organizers of Facebook Advertising Boycott Call Meeting with Zuckerberg a ‘Disappointment’ by Tobias Hoonhout on July 7, 2020 at 9:46 PM
Activists behind a boycott of Facebook by major advertisers said a virtual meeting with CEO Mark Zuckerberg showed the platform failed “to meet the moment.”
- Over 80 Percent of Hong Kong Security Law Backers at the U.N. Are Belt and Road Signatories by Tobias Hoonhout on July 7, 2020 at 8:56 PM
At least 43 countries supporting China’s sweeping Hong Kong security law have made deals under its global Belt and Road infrastructure project.
- Whitmer Says She Won’t Be ‘Bullied’ into Reopening Michigan Too Soon, Could Reimpose Restrictions by Mairead McArdle on July 7, 2020 at 7:38 PM
Whitmer’s strict coronavirus lockdown polices riled some residents, prompting demonstrations at the state capitol.
- Profiting from Purpose by Rupert Darwall on July 7, 2020 at 6:34 PM
A review of Alex Edmans’s Grow the Pie: How Great Companies Deliver Both Purpose and Profit.
New York Post Your source for breaking news, news about New York, sports, business, entertainment, opinion, real estate, culture, fashion, and more.
- Angels’ Shohei Ohtani walks eight batters in about 50 pitches by Associated Press on July 8, 2020 at 4:11 AM
ANAHEIM, Calif. — Shohei Ohtani threw competitive pitches off the mound at Angel Stadium on Tuesday for the first time in two years. Ohtani struggled with his control in the Los Angeles Angels’ intrasquad game, walking eight batters on about 50 pitches. The two-way star and manager Joe Maddon weren’t overly concerned about the results…
- 12-year-old boy charged for attempted rape in Queens by Vincent Barone on July 8, 2020 at 4:10 AM
A 12-year-old boy was arrested on Tuesday for allegedly attempting to rape a woman in Queens, cops said. The boy, whose identity has not been released due to his age, has been accused following a 37-year-old woman into her Ridgewood building at Gates and Cypress Avenues around 8 a.m. Monday. Once inside, the boy allegedly…
- 190-year-old NYC bar Neir’s Tavern survives COVID-19 by Kirsten Fleming on July 8, 2020 at 4:01 AM
“We are built on being a community gathering place and that has been the key to our success,” owner Loycent Gordon says, adding that the historic bar is doing Zoom happy hours. “We had to keep the spirit alive.”
- SUV driver runs over bicycles, through NYC Black Lives Matter protest by Joe Marino, Kenneth Garger on July 8, 2020 at 3:50 AM
An SUV driver was taken in custody after driving through a crowd and over a barrier of bicycles that Black Lives Matters protesters used to try to prevent traffic on a Midtown road, police sources said. The confrontation between the activists and the driver of a Dodge Durango unfolded at the intersection of 42nd Street…
- Mary Kay Letourneau, teacher who raped and later married a student, dead at 58 by Tamar Lapin on July 8, 2020 at 3:38 AM
The former Washington state teacher rose to infamy in 1996 for having a sexual relationship with a sixth-grade student she later married.
Reason.com Free minds and free markets. Reason.com is the leading libertarian magazine and video website covering news, politics, culture, and more with reporting and analysis.
- Cancel Culture Is Out of Control by John Stossel on July 8, 2020 at 4:30 AM
The online mob is running amok.
- Qualified Immunity Is a Test for Conservatives by Jacob Sullum on July 8, 2020 at 4:01 AM
The judicially invented license for police abuse undermines the rule of law and the separation of powers.
- What Explains the “Republican Reversal” on Environmental Protection? by Jonathan H. Adler on July 8, 2020 at 2:55 AM
A book review of “The Republican Reversal: Conservatives and the Environment from Nixon to Trump” by James Morton Turner and Andrew C. Isenberg
- What happened in Colorado Department of State v. Baca? by Josh Blackman on July 7, 2020 at 10:08 PM
The Supreme Court papered over important differences between the Washington and Colorado cases.
- The Paycheck Protection Program Is a Mess. Here’s Who Is Benefitting From the Dysfunction. by Christian Britschgi on July 7, 2020 at 9:40 PM
A program designed to keep workers on payrolls showered benefits on lobbyists, advocacy groups, and even members of Congress.
Roll Call Covering Capitol Hill Since 1955
- Amy Kennedy to challenge party-switcher Van Drew in New Jersey by Stephanie Akin on July 7, 2020 at 9:38 PM
Educator and mental health advocate Amy Kennedy has won the Democratic nomination to challenge Rep. Jeff Van Drew, who flipped New Jersey’s 2nd District for the Democrats in 2018 but switched parties because he did not think President Donald Trump should be impeached. With an estimated 30 percent of the vote in, Kennedy was leading The post Amy Kennedy to challenge party-switcher Van Drew in New Jersey appeared first on Roll Call.
- Coronavirus Special Report: What will it take to get kids back to school? by Jason Dick and Evan Campbell on July 7, 2020 at 9:25 PM
In this episode, we explore what going back to school may look like, an impassioned plea for more money to protect frontline workers and surge testing. Show Notes: Confederate statues, COVID-19, nuclear testing mark appropriations process Back-to-school looms for kids without Wi-Fi — and Congress Democrats say 2 GOP House hopefuls in Virginia should be The post Coronavirus Special Report: What will it take to get kids back to school? appeared first on Roll Call.
- Trump notifies World Health Organization of US intent to leave by Lauren Clason on July 7, 2020 at 6:34 PM
The Trump administration on Tuesday confirmed it notified the World Health Organization of its intent to formally withdraw as a member effective July 6, 2021, setting in motion the actual process. The news follows President Donald Trump’s surprise announcement in May he was “terminating” the U.S. relationship with the organization over its response to Chinese The post Trump notifies World Health Organization of US intent to leave appeared first on Roll Call.
- Paycheck program hits the campaign airwaves by Kate Ackley on July 7, 2020 at 6:31 PM
A bipartisan federal package to rescue the pandemic-rocked U.S. economy this spring has morphed into a cudgel on the campaign trail in pivotal Senate races where outside groups and candidates have launched ads with sometimes veiled attacks on pieces of the law or its earlier iterations. Montana, Maine, North Carolina and Iowa are among the The post Paycheck program hits the campaign airwaves appeared first on Roll Call.
- Bill to remove Capitol’s Confederate statues OK’d by House panel by Thomas McKinless on July 7, 2020 at 4:35 PM
Amid the nationwide furor over Confederate statues, the House Legislative Branch Appropriations Subcommittee approved a spending bill that would order the removal of Confederate imagery from the Capitol. “We need to make a statement now on something that we can control — the removal of statues that many visitors find offensive,” Chairman Tim Ryan, D-Ohio, The post Bill to remove Capitol’s Confederate statues OK’d by House panel appeared first on Roll Call.
Headlines and Front Page News
Salon.com In-depth news, politics, business, technology & culture > all_salon
- Trump’s niece claims that he got into Wharton after he “paid someone” to take the SAT on his behalf by Brad Reed on July 7, 2020 at 11:34 PM
Mary Trump says fraudulent score helped her uncle get into University of Pennsylvania’s prestigious Wharton school
- Trump economic adviser Peter Navarro recalls drinking from a “colored” water fountain at Woolworth’s by Alex Henderson on July 7, 2020 at 11:28 PM
“My awakening on the race issue was when I was eight years old in a Woolworth’s store in West Palm Beach”
- Did Trump order the Russian bounty story cut from John Bolton’s book? by Roger Sollenberger on July 7, 2020 at 11:00 PM
We’ve heard all about the stuff that’s in Bolton’s book. But the stuff that isn’t might be even more damaging
- On being Black in Kentucky and Charles Booker’s historic run for Senate by Minda Honey on July 7, 2020 at 10:59 PM
I grew up in Kentucky, but never felt like the state accounted for my humanity until now
- Physicists who study fluids say toilet-flushing could be major way coronavirus spreads by Matthew Rozsa on July 7, 2020 at 9:55 PM
Physicists found that vortices created via the turbulence of flushing carry droplets three feet in the air
WND A Free Press For A Free People Since 1997
- China expert: Time short to halt Beijing’s march to dominate tech by WND Staff on July 8, 2020 at 2:07 AM
China’s tech industry is poised to “dominate,” to the “detriment” of the world, warns Asia expert Gordon G. Chang. “The window in which American actions can be effective is narrowing,” wrote Chang in a column for the Gatestone Institute, where he is a senior fellow. “This is, therefore, the time to stop China before,… The post China expert: Time short to halt Beijing’s march to dominate tech appeared first on WND.
- U.N. official charges U.S. broke law in killing of Iranian terror leader by WND Staff on July 8, 2020 at 2:01 AM
A United Nations official has claimed the U.S. killing Iranian terror leader Gen. Qassem Soleimani violated international law because there was not enough evidence of an “ongoing or imminent attack,” even though he already was blamed for the deaths of more than 600 American soldiers. DailyMail.com reported Agnes Callamard, a special rapporteur for the U.N.,… The post U.N. official charges U.S. broke law in killing of Iranian terror leader appeared first on WND.
- Black lawmaker calls for party of Biden to change its name by WND News Services on July 8, 2020 at 1:42 AM
By Benjamin Nichols Daily Caller News Foundation The Democratic lawmaker who endorsed President Trump over presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden is now calling for the Democratic Party to be renamed because of what he calls its racist past. In a video last week, Georgia State Rep. Vernon Jones critiqued his fellow Democrats and those… The post Black lawmaker calls for party of Biden to change its name appeared first on WND.
- Church honors police officers with $1,000 grants by WND Staff on July 8, 2020 at 1:33 AM
A Tennessee church has honored its local police officers with $1,000 grants. Pastor Perry Cleek said Lighthouse Missionary Baptist Church in Jonesborough is giving a total of $23,000 to employees of the Jonesborough police force, including officers, dispatchers and administrators. The church said in a statement that Americans “who are God fearing and love our… The post Church honors police officers with $1,000 grants appeared first on WND.
- Not all black lives matter to Black Lives Matter by Ben Shapiro on July 8, 2020 at 1:33 AM
This week, CNN’s Don Lemon, who has spent the last few weeks bashing the supposed thoroughgoing systemic racism of the United States, hosted black actor Terry Crews. He then proceeded to browbeat Crews, who had committed the great sin of tweeting, “#ALLBLACKLIVESMATTER 9 black CHILDREN killed by violence in Chicago since June 20, 2020.” Lemon… The post Not all black lives matter to Black Lives Matter appeared first on WND.